In this episode of the AI Today podcast hosts Kathleen Walch and Ron Schmelzer delve into the diverse roles and concepts within the data universe: Data Science, Data Scientist, Citizen Data Scientist/Citizen Developer, and Data Custodian.
Data Science isn’t just a buzzword; it’s the art of transforming raw data into meaningful insights. And Data Scientists may be the sexiest job of the 21st Century, but do you know what they do? These wield algorithms and statistical models to extract pearls of wisdom from the data ocean. Or as we like to say “extracting information needles from data haystacks”.
We also go over what a data custodian is and how they are responsible for the safe storage, transfer, and use of data. The data custodian is not a data owner but serves as an administrative role over the data.
Join us on this episode as we unravel these roles, discussing their significance, responsibilities, and impact in today’s data-driven world.
- FREE Intro to CPMAI mini course
- CPMAI Training and Certification
- What is the Cognitive Project Management for AI (CPMAI) Methodology?
- AI Glossary
- AI Glossary Series – DevOps, Machine Learning Operations (ML Ops)
- AI Glossary Series – Data Preparation, Data Cleaning, Data Splitting, Data Multiplication, Data Transformation
- AI Glossary Series – Data Augmentation, Data Labeling, Bounding box, Sensor fusion
- AI Glossary Series – Data, Dataset, Big Data, DIKUW Pyramid
- AI Glossary Series – V’s of Big Data, Data Volume, Exabyte / Petabyte / Yottabyte / Zettabyte, Data Variety, Data Velocity, Data Veracity
- AI Glossary Series – Hadoop, MapReduce